Role & Responsibility
The Environmental Sustainability Committee makes recommendations to the Village Board of Trustees on matters related to sustainability, reduction of carbon footprint, recycling, reusable products and technologies, and reduction of waste products. The Committee provides research and proposals for applying cleaner technologies in Village operations, promoting environmentally friendly activities, and making the Village of Briarcliff Manor more “earth-friendly.”
Potential activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and promote the reduce, reuse and recycle approach to waste management throughout the Village.
- Review and evaluate policies and recommendations relating to energy management, transportation, waste management, construction, and land use.
- Establish, implement, and monitor programs to increase education and awareness of actionable items to improve sustainability throughout the village.
- Disseminate information and educational materials, through in-person or online resources, related to reducing energy use, implementing reduce, reuse and recycle approaches to waste management, encouraging the use of green products and renewable energy sources, implementing food scraps initiative, and other home-based programs for residents.
- Explore water conservation practices to protect and conserve our water supplies.
- Recommend new technology and research into alternatives for reducing greenhouse gas emissions, including cooperating with other municipal jurisdictions and neighboring communities to amplify positive results.
- Advise on local building codes and guidelines for new construction and renovation projects to promote environmentally sustainable practices.
The Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee meets once per month on a date chosen by the Chair and on an ad hoc basis when requested by the Village Board of Trustees.
|Padma Sridhar||Member (04/2025) Chairperson (04/2023)|
|Elsbeth Lindner||Member (04/2023)|
|Stacey Winnick||Member (04/2024)|
|Seth Leitman||Member (04/2024)|
|Jennifer Sendek||Member (04/2025)|
|Melissa Rinzler||Member (04/2025)|