County Executive George Latimer Weekly Update.
This past Monday, Mayor Steven Vescio joined County Executive Latimer for his weekly update. The Mayor discussed the Village, ongoing projects and how it’s full of vitality and a great place to live. You can watch the full briefing HERE.
Delinquent Water Bills.
Any outstanding balances on water bills due on or before 3/31/24 and not paid before 5/13/24 will be re-levied onto the Village tax bill in the upcoming fiscal year 2024/25.
Town of Ossining Is Seeking Volunteers For The Recreation Advisory Board.
As the public is aware, the Village of Briarcliff Manor is also located within the Town of Ossining. Just as the Village has its own Recreation Advisory Board, the Town does as well. At this time, the Town is looking to appoint a Village of Briarcliff Manor resident to the Recreation Advisory Board for a three-year term.
The Recreation Advisory Board is comprised of Town of Ossining, Village of Ossining, and Village of Briarcliff Manor residents. The Advisory Board advises the Recreation Superintendent and Town and Village Boards on park facilities and recreational programs. The Advisory Board meets on the first Monday of every month from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM at the Community Center.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to Martha C. Quituisaca in the Town Supervisor's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 16, 2024 at 4:30 PM.
As a reminder, commuters who have a Scarborough Station parking permit cannot park at the spots designated for Pango. The spaces are indicated with signage and painted orange to match the branding of the app used to further indicate which spaces are Pango. Tickets will be issued to those who are using their permit to park at these spots
The Roster of Recreation's Recommendations
Trivia Is Back In Briarcliff!
On Friday, March 1st we are hosting back to back trivia nights. The 1st round will be kids trivia and the 2nd round will be Adult trivia. For more information - https://www.briarcliffmanor.gov/.../2023-24-Winter... To register - https://secure.rec1.com/NY/briarcliff-manor-ny/catalog
President’s Day Basketball Clinic.
OPEN NOW TO Kindergarten and 1st graders!! - Bears Basketball is the perfect opportunity for young players to improve their skills and have fun during a day off from school. Led by Briarcliff Varsity Coaching staff we will offer a comprehensive curriculum designed to enhance player development, to improve players' technical abilities, promote positive character development, and skill development. For more information please click here
Senior Adult Shopping Trips For All Village Residents Over The Age of 60.
We've got just the thing for you – we have our door-to-door senior adult bus service for all Village of Briarcliff Manor residents for shopping extravaganza every Tuesday - food shopping at Shoprite Thornwood Town Center and almost every Thursday to Malls and other Shopping Centers (Danbury Mall, Cortlandt Town Center, Central Ave, Mount Kisco to name a few). For our full bus schedule for January - click here https://www.briarcliffmanor.gov/.../Senior-Bus-Schedule...
Save The Dates!
- With SAC and our cooperating sports groups - a sports equipment take it or leave - SPORTS SWAP - March 2nd and 3rd at YOUTH CENTER
- Spring including Pickleball Registrations starts on Monday, March 11th
- Day Camp Registration starts on Wednesday, March 20th
- Annual Egg Hunt - Saturday, March 23rd at 10 a.m.
- Annual Earth Day Celebration - weekend of April 20th/21st
Fire Extinguisher Safety Tips.
The Fire Chief would like to remind you of a few simple Safety Tips to follow when using a Fire Extinguisher.
- Use a portable fire extinguisher when the fire is confined to a small area, such as a wastebasket, and is not growing; everyone has exited the building; the fire department has been called or is being called; and the room is not filled with smoke.
- To operate a fire extinguisher, remember the word PASS:
- Pull the pin. Hold the extinguisher with the nozzle pointing away from you, and release the locking mechanism.
- Aim low. Point the extinguisher at the base of the fire.
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly.
- Sweep the nozzle from side-to-side.
- For the home, select a multi-purpose extinguisher (can be used on all types of home fires) that is large enough to put out a small fire, but not so heavy as to be difficult to handle.
- Choose a fire extinguisher that carries the label of an independent testing laboratory.
- Read the instructions that come with the fire extinguisher and become familiar with its parts and operation before a fire breaks out. Local fire departments or fire equipment distributors often offer hands-on fire extinguisher trainings.
- Install fire extinguishers close to an exit and keep your back to a clear exit when you use the device so you can make an easy escape if the fire cannot be controlled. If the room fills with smoke, leave immediately.
- Know when to go. Fire extinguishers are one element of a fire response plan, but the primary element is safe escape. Every household should have a home fire escape plan and working smoke alarms.
You can follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/briarcliffmanorfiredept and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/briarcliffmanorfiredept. Consider becoming a VOLUNTEER Firefighter or EMT. Simply click the link https://join.bmfd.org/
Briarcliff Manor Scarborough Historical Society (BMSHS) Presentation.
The BMSHS in collaboration with The Briarcliff Congregational Church is pleased to announce its first presentation for 2024. Entitled "Mr. Law, we need a church! The stories of the community that made the Briarcliff Congregational Church". The story will be told by Pastor Todd Farnsworth and, in a change from our normal venue will take place at the Briarcliff Congregational Church, February 17, 2024 at 1:00 PM.
Any email sent or received through the Village of Briarcliff Manor communication systems may be monitored in the normal course of Village business, may be released to the public under the New York State Freedom of Information Law, and may be subject to discovery proceedings in legal actions.