New Year's Holiday Schedule.
- All Village offices are closed on Monday, January 1st and will re-open on Tuesday, January 2nd.
- Monday’s garbage will be picked up on Tuesday, January 2nd.
- Tuesday and Wednesday’s garbage will be picked up on Wednesday, January 3rd with East side recycling.
Village Tax Reminder – Due Tuesday, January 2, 2024!
We are reminding residents that your second half VBM tax bill is due on Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024 without penalty. The Tax Online payment portal is suspended until further notice. You can always drop off your payment in the lock box in front of Village Hall or send it via USPS; however, ensure it is postmarked by January 2, 2024, to avoid penalties. We will be open on Tuesday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM for the final day of collections.
1/2/24 Board of Trustees Meeting.
Please note that the 1/2/24 Board of Trustees Meeting will be held in person at the William J. Vescio Community Center, 1 Library Road. The meetings will also broadcast via Zoom for the purposes of remote viewing and participation. The Work Session will be held at/or about 6:00 PM and the Regular Meeting will be held at/or about 7:30 PM. To view the Zoom link and full agenda please click here
2024 Scarborough Station Parking Permits.
Applications are being accepted for the 2024 Scarborough Station Parking. You must submit a completed application with copies of your license and registrations. You can download the application here or submit an online application here
2024 Refuse and Recycling Calendar.
The 2024 calendar is on our website and can be viewed by clicking the link here
The Roster of Recreation’s Recommendations:
We would like to send a big thank you to Stephanie Rossi, Recreation Assistant for the Village of Briarcliff Manor Recreation Department as she retires. We appreciate her 22 years of service. We wish her well in retirement!
New Email Blast Listing.
We have a new email list created for just Recreation Department news and recommendations which would include announcements, court and pool openings/closing, new program offerings, special events, etc. Click here to sign up for our email list: https://www.briarcliffmanor.gov/list.aspx
Winter Registration Is Underway.
Please check our website for program offerings here. We still have lots of room for many programs. We have a lot of offerings - STEM program, swing for kids, cooking, hitting the slopes, Adult Yoga, Basketball and Pilates. Take a look! You can register here - https://secure.rec1.com/NY/briarcliff-manor-ny/catalog
Help Still Wanted!
- Ski/Snowboard Chaperones for our Thursday night “let’s hit the slopes” Program for 5 weeks to Thunder Ridge from 3:30 PM to 9 PM. Must be 16 years old, a skier or snowboarder.
- Basketball Scorekeepers for Saturday afternoons from noon to 3 PM for 8 weeks. Must be 16 years old. Will train.
For more information about either job please call or email Marc Medico (914) 941-6560 or MMedico@briarcliffmanor.gov
Save The Dates!
- Winter programs will start the week of January 9th
- Spring including Pickleball registrations starts on Monday, March 11th
- Annual Egg Hunt, Saturday, March 23rd at 10 AM
There is a new cookbook section in the Library in conjunction with the Cookbook Club. Come check it out!
Thank You To All Volunteers.
Thank you to all our volunteers who have served previously on various Village Boards/Committees and for new members who have joined. We thank you for your service to the community!
Winter Storms Safety Tips.
Although we have been having a mild Winter, the Fire Chief would still like to share the following safety tips regarding Winter storms. Winter storms can happen almost anywhere. They can cause us problems. Know what to do before, during and after a storm. This will help keep you and your family safe from a Winter fire.
- Test all smoke alarms. Do this at least once a month. This way you will know they are working. Install carbon monoxide alarms in your home. Test the alarms.
- Plan two ways out of the home in case of an emergency. Clear driveway and front walk of ice and snow. This will provide easy access to your home.
- Make sure your house number can be seen from the street. If you need help, firefighters and EMS will be able to find your home quickly. Watch this short 3-minute YouTube video created by the Briarcliff Manor Rotary explaining the importance of having a visible house number https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmm4TF_loEQ
- Be ready in case the power goes out. Have flashlights on hand. Also have battery-powered lighting and fresh batteries. Never use candles.
- Stay informed of pending winter weather. Listen to the television or radio for updates. Watch for bulletins online.
- Check on neighbors and others who may be in need of help (especially the elderly).
- Generators should be used outdoors. Keep them away from windows and doors. Do not run a generator inside your garage, even if the door is open.
- DIAL 911 immediately to report downed wires and remain indoors.
- In addition, all power outages should also be reported directly to Con Ed at 1- 800 - 75 - CONED (1-800-752-6633)
- Be prepared if the heat stops working, use extra layers of clothes and blankets to stay warm.
- If you use an emergency heat source, keep anything that can burn at least 3 feet away. Turn portable heaters off when you leave the room or when you go to bed. Never leave them unattended.
Consider becoming a VOLUNTEER Firefighter or EMT. Simply click the link https://join.bmfd.org/. You can follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/briarcliffmanorfiredept and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/briarcliffmanorfiredept.
On behalf of the Fire Chiefs and all the Members of the Briarcliff Manor Fire Department we wish you and your family good health and much happiness in the New Year - 2024!
Job Opening: Superintendent of Public Works
Any email sent or received through the Village of Briarcliff Manor communication systems may be monitored in the normal course of Village business, may be released to the public under the New York State Freedom of Information Law, and may be subject to discovery proceedings in legal actions.