Upcoming Holiday Schedule:
- December 25th and 26th: Village offices will be closed however, our Library will be opened on December 26th.
- December 26th: Monday’s garbage collection will be picked up.
- December 27th: Tuesday and Wednesday’s garbage collection will be picked up with West side recycling.
Village Tax Reminder!
We are reminding residents that your second half VBM tax bill is due on Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024, without penalty. If you have any questions, you can go online (www.briarcliffmanor.gov) or call our Tax Department at (914) 944-2723.
2024 Scarborough Station Parking Permits.
Applications are being accepted for the 2024 Scarborough Station Parking. You must submit a completed application with copies of your license and registrations. You can download the application here. You can only currently submit an online application and pay via ACH here
As a reminder, commuters who have a Scarborough Station parking permit cannot park at the spots designated for Pango. The spaces are indicated with signage and painted orange to match the branding of the app used to further indicate which spaces are Pango. Tickets will be issued to those who are using their permit to park at these spots.
The Roster of Recreation’s Recommendations:
Winter Registration Has Started.
Please check our website for program offerings here. We still have lots of room for many programs. Take a look!
- Ski/Snowboard Chaperones for our Thursday night “let’s hit the slopes” Program for 5 weeks to Thunder Ridge from 3:30 PM to 9 PM. Must be 16 years old, a skier or snowboarder.
- Basketball Scorekeepers for Saturday afternoons from noon to 3 PM for 8 weeks. Must be 16 years old. Will train.
For more information about either job please call or email Marc Medico (914) 941-6560 or MMedico@briarcliffmanor.gov
Save The Dates!
- Winter programs will start the week of January 9th
- Spring including Pickleball registrations starts on Monday, March 11th
- Annual Egg Hunt, Saturday, March 23rd at 10 AM
Candles and Fireplaces Safety Tips.
The Fire Chief would like you to watch out for fire starters!
Candles and Fireplaces
Thousands of deaths are caused by fires, burns and other fire-related injuries every year, and 12% of home candle fires occur in December, the National Fire Protection Association reports. Increased use of candles and fireplaces, combined with an increase in the amount of combustible, seasonal decorations present in many homes means more risk for fire.
- Never leave burning candles unattended or sleep in a room with a lit candle
- Keep candles out of reach of children
- Make sure candles are on stable surfaces
- Don't burn candles near trees, curtains or any other flammable items
- Before starting a fire in the fireplace make sure the damper is open
- Don't burn your holiday tree, wreaths or wrapping paper in the fireplace
- Check and clean the chimney and fireplace area at least once a year
Consider becoming a VOLUNTEER Firefighter or EMT. Simply click the link https://join.bmfd.org/. You can follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/briarcliffmanorfiredept and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/briarcliffmanorfiredept.
On behalf of the Fire Chiefs and all the Members of the Briarcliff Manor Fire Department we wish you and your family a Safe and Merry Christmas!
Job Opening: Superintendent of Public Works
Any email sent or received through the Village of Briarcliff Manor communication systems may be monitored in the normal course of Village business, may be released to the public under the New York State Freedom of Information Law, and may be subject to discovery proceedings in legal actions.