Overtime Leaf Pick-Up.
Village Public Works crews will be working overtime this upcoming weekend from 7 AM – 3 PM. It is difficult to provide an exact schedule of what roads will be addressed this weekend as the number of leaves will impact the speed of the work crews. We ask for patience as our crews continue to work.
Water Shut Off Notice – December 9th – 333 South Highland Avenue.
The Village will be providing a water shut off for 333 South Highland Ave. for a needed repair tomorrow, Saturday, December 9, 2023 from 8 AM - 4 PM. The areas to be affected are Marlborough Road and Leicester Road. This work must be performed this weekend. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Any questions, please call the Water Department at (914) 941-9105.
Village Tax Reminder!
We are reminding residents that your second half VBM tax bill is due on Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024, without penalty. If you have any questions, you can go online (www.briarcliffmanor.gov) or call our Tax Department at (914) 944-2723.
2024 Scarborough Station Parking Permits.
Applications are being accepted for the 2024 Scarborough Station Parking. You must submit a completed application with copies of your license and registrations. The application can be printed on our website here. Online application submissions will be available soon. We are finalizing details.
Tis The Season For Porch Pirates. Protect Your Packages!
Tips to help combat Porch Pirates:
- Track your packages.
- Be available for delivery.
- Require a signature for drop-off.
- Choose in-store pickup.
- Keep a security camera or doorbell camera pointed at your doorstep.
- Asking a trusted neighbor or friend to pick up a package, if you're not home.
- Have packages delivered to your workplace.
- Use delivery lockers.
- Report suspicious activity to BMPD 914-941-2130.
The Roster of Recreation’s Recommendations:
Winter Registration Starts on Monday, December 11th at 9 AM!
Please check our website for program offerings - programs are being added daily.
Last chance to get those letters to Santa. Place those letters in our special mailbox at the entrance at William Vescio Community Center before December 13th, before the mailbox magically disappears. All letters received by December will get a response from Santa himself. Don’t forget to put your name and mailing address in the letter.
Saturday, December 9th from 4:30 PM to 6 PM at Law Park Pavilion. Featuring Mike Risko Band leading our songs. Treats, craft project, a special guest and warm drinks will be provided.
- Ski/Snowboard Chaperones for our Thursday night “Let’s Hit the Slopes” program for 5 weeks to Thunder Ridge from 3:30 PM to 9 PM. Must be 16 years old, a skier or snowboarder.
- Basketball Scorekeepers for Saturday afternoons from noon to 3 PM for 8 weeks. Must be 16 years old. Will train.
For more information about either job please call or email Marc Medico (914) 941-6560 or MMedico@briarcliffmanor.gov
Winter Driving Safety Tips.
The Fire Chief would like remind you of how to prepare for Safe Winter Driving. Winter driving can be hazardous and scary, especially in areas that get a lot of snow and ice. These tips provide safety information to help prevent motor vehicle injuries due to Winter storms.
The three P’s of Safe Winter Driving: PREPARE for the trip; PROTECT yourself; and PREVENT crashes on the road.
- Maintain Your Car: Check battery, tire tread, and windshield wipers, keep your windows clear, put no-freeze fluid in the washer reservoir, and check your antifreeze.
- Have On Hand: flashlight, jumper cables, abrasive material (sand, kitty litter, even floor mats), shovel, snow brush and ice scraper, warning devices (like flares) and blankets. For long trips, add food and water, medication and cell phone.
- Stopped or stalled? Stay in your car, don’t overexert, put bright markers on antenna or windows and shine dome light, and, if you run your car, clear exhaust pipe and run it just enough to stay warm.
- Plan your route: Allow plenty of time (check the weather and leave early if necessary), be familiar with the maps/ directions, and let others know your route and arrival time.
- Practice Cold Weather Driving! During the daylight, rehearse maneuvers slowly on ice or snow in an empty lot. Steer into a skid. Know what your brakes will do: stomp on antilock brakes, pump on non-antilock brakes. Stopping distances are longer on water-covered ice and ice.
- Don’t idle for a long time with the windows up or in an enclosed space.
- Buckle up and use child safety seats properly.
- Never place a rear-facing infant seat in front of an air bag.
- Children 12 and under are much safer in the back seat.
- Drugs and alcohol never mix with driving.
- Slow down and increase distances between cars.
- Keep your eyes open for pedestrians walking in the road.
- Avoid fatigue – Get plenty of rest before the trip, stop at least every three hours, and rotate drivers if possible.
- If you are planning to drink, designate a sober driver
Consider becoming a VOLUNTEER Firefighter or EMT. Simply, click the link https://join.bmfd.org/. You can follow us on Facebook click to follow link www.facebook.com/briarcliffmanorfiredept and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/briarcliffmanorfiredept.
Any email sent or received through the Village of Briarcliff Manor communication systems may be monitored in the normal course of Village business, may be released to the public under the New York State Freedom of Information Law, and may be subject to discovery proceedings in legal actions.