As we head towards Thanksgiving we would like to wish all of our neighbors and friends who are observing this tradition a happy, healthy and fun Thanksgiving.
Our office will be closed on Thursday and Friday, November 23rd and 24th for the Thanksgiving Holiday. We will re-open on Monday, November 27th at 8:30 a.m.
We would like to highlight a few special events headed your way
- Santa’s Mailbox is coming to Briarcliff - Get that paper and pen out, and start writing your letter to Santa. Santa has allowed Briarcliff Manor to have a magical red mailbox outside of the Community Center (at 1 Library Rd) for Village Residents to mail letters to Santa. Drop off your letters starting Monday afternoon, November 27th. Mail those letters before Wednesday, December 13th, when the mailbox magically is returned to Santa's workshop. All letters received by December 13th will get a response from Santa himself. OR if you are not a pen to paper type family then we do have a special email that kids can send their letters too! It is: Santa@briarcliffmanor.gov (the deadline of Wednesday, December 13th is still in effect). Also please do not forget to include the child's name and mailing address so Santa and his elves can make sure responses are properly sent in a timely manner.
- The Briarcliff Sustainability Advisory Committee and the Briarcliff Recreation Department bring you their Holiday Swap event! This event is like our previous Take it or Leave it and the Halloween Costume Events - we look to help you declutter with holiday things you no longer need or want and don't want to throw out while helping others find their "new" holiday decorations, cards, gift wrap for the upcoming holidays. This is where you want to come whether you are looking to drop off your extra ornaments, gift wrap and cards or you would like to add to your collection of holiday-themed linens, mugs or outdoor decorations! We do have a drop box in our Recreation Department office if you care to drop off anything during office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except for this Thursday and Friday!).
- Our annual Community Bonfire and Holiday Sing a Long will be Saturday, December 9th at 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Law Park. Featuring Mike Risko Band leading our songs. Rain/Snow date will be Sunday, December 10th. Treats and warm drinks will be provided.
- WINTER REGISTRATION is coming soon on Monday, December 11th at 9 a.m. we will be posting our winter offerings on our webpage here in the next week or so. It will include Kids Cook, Thursday night's Let's Hit the Slopes and more.
NEW PROGRAMS ANNOUNCED - CLICK HERE to register for any of these great offerings
- K – 3rd BASKETBALL CLINIC WINTER 2023/2024 - This is an opportunity for girls & boys Kindergarten through 3rd grade to learn the fundamental skills of basketball. Our focus is on participation by all who register, emphasizing skill development, sportsmanship and fun. ELIGIBLE: Children in grades K – 3rd who reside in the Village of Briarcliff Manor (VBMR) and Briarcliff Manor School District (BMSD). Non-residents (NONR) are welcome to join! DATES: Saturdays Dec. 9, 16 Jan. 6, 13, 20, 27 Feb. 3, 10
TIMES: Kindergarten: 8:45am-9:30am
1st Grade: 9:45am-10:30am
2nd & 3rd Grade: 10:45am-11:30pm
LOCATION: Todd Elementary Gymnasium
- Competitive Cheerleading Team Offering – For 5 year olds to 16 year olds. This is a cheer team that will practice twice a week for a few months, will received a full cheer uniform, pom poms and compete in three different competitions in 2024. For more information visit our website here - https://www.briarcliffmanor.gov/DocumentCenter/View/1367/Cheer-team-winter-2024
- DECEMBER HOLIDAY CRAFTING - Join us as MacKids's own Kelly Fitzpatrick helps us have fun, be creative and meet new friends! During the dark days of winter, celebrations of light unite us! During our December 16th Session, we will learn more about a variety of holidays while getting creative with our crafts and engaging in sensory play. Join us on December 16th Saturday – OPEN TO ALL between the ages of 2 and 8 years old
Group A – ages 2 – 4-years old from 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
Group B – ages 5 – 8-years old from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
LOCATION: Briarcliff Youth Center, 5 Van Lu Van Road – Lower Level
FEE: $30.00 each session - Village residents (VBMR)
$35.00 each session – Non-resident (BMSD/NONR)
The Briarcliff Recreation Department is looking for basketball scorekeepers for their upcoming 2023-2024 youth basketball season. No experience necessary - training will be provided. Minimum qualifications - must be at least 16 years old, be able to obtain working papers (if under 18 years old) and be available for shifts on Saturday from noon to 3 p.m. from December to February. Shifts are approximately 3 hours. We need 3 – 4 for scorekeepers for the season. 2 will work each Saturday. Hourly wage starts at $15 an hour. For more information or to apply please email Marc at MMedico@briarcliffmanor.gov or call the office at (914) 941-6560.